Pages

Mt Royal Cougars

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting to Know.....1st Year, Kellie Burchill


Note: Interview conducted by Captain, Janelle Carbert. 
Moving right along, my second rookie interview involved learning more about Kellie Burchill. Although most of us know her incredibly interesting brother, Sean through the mens program, I wanted to know more about Kellie and how she measures up to the Burchill name. 

Janelle: What made you choose MRU?
KB: The nursing program, I heard so many good things about it. It seemed like a good fit and the classes are small.

Janelle: What program are you enrolled in?
KB: Bachelor of Nursing 

Janelle: How are you going to balance school and soccer?
KB: I have enough breaks through the day that hopefully I'll be able to get my studying done through the day and play hard at soccer at night.

Janelle: What do you think of the team so far?
KB: I think that the team is going to be great this year, lots of good new talent. Also, lots of leadership and talent from the older players. I think collaboratively its going to be a great season for MRU. 

Janelle: How long have you been playing soccer?
KB: Almost 16 years

Janelle: What position do you enjoy playing?
KB: Center Forward

Janelle: What is your favourite soccer memory?
KB: Uhhh, sounds kind of weird but I'd have to say the thing that will stick with me forever is Shawn Lowther calling me out for being lazy in his thick english accent.

Janelle: So...window or aisle seat?
KB: Window, I love looking out the window as well as I have something to lean my head against besides my neighbours shoulder.

Janelle: What are you most nervous about in entering MRU?
KB: Not doing well in school

Janelle: What are your expectations for the season?
KB: To just come together as a team, play well, support eachother. Simply push each other and win an ACAC championship. 

Janelle: What's your favourite food?
KB: vietnamese food, mmm love me some pho.

Janelle: Favorite pizza?
KB: Pepperoni

Janelle: What are your thoughts on bringing homemade bagged lunches for the captains on the long road trips?
KB: haha I can ask my mom but she already complains about making food for me...I'll pretend its for Sean and you two can share.

PERFECT!

Thanks Kellie! I really enjoyed getting to know a bit about what makes you, YOU!