Pages

Mt Royal Cougars

Monday, March 16, 2015

To our longest serving program team captain...we say THANK YOU.




5 Years in a Nutshell
                  I don’t know how to fully describe my experience with the Mount Royal Women’s Soccer team because it has provided me with so many memories, skills, and relationships, this small posting won’t do it justice….
My experience with the team goes beyond soccer. Being a part of the program has been fundamental to creating the person I am today. Through 5 years, I have come out the other end being a strong and educated woman. I wouldn’t change my experience for anything.
                  From my first time playing with the MRU team- 2010 summer, rooftop SAIT field vs. very fast boys team, to my last game 2014, freezing Winnipeg vs the Wesmen I wouldn’t take back one experience. Within this time I watched my coach go “Pitbull” in Fort McMurray, I had a net fall on top of me, I watched teammates battle with their ankles practically falling off their legs, and I had the weirdest and most wonderful bus trip conversations; I got to experience championship games, play on the most beautiful pitches, play in humbling matches and overcome huge feats as a team. The challenges from injuries, competition and weather, as well as the victories, successes and hard work will hold such a special place in my mind and heart. I have never laughed harder or cared more about a group of people.
This program and the people within it have lifted me up and allowed me to be part of something great. I am going to miss battling 7 days a week with such special people. Although the on field aspect of my time with the Cougars is done I hope I never lose touch with the Women’s Soccer family.
                  So to my coaches, teammates, and all involved with the Cougars Women’s Soccer team thank-you from the bottom of my heart, you are a piece of who I am. And specifically to the ladies, I wish you great success and that you get the same I got out of this program as I did.
                  Signing off for the last time……

Deeks